Come join Communications
Priority A: Website.
- Communicate activities and products from current working groups
- Advertise events focused on DEI in research, teaching, mentoring or outreach on and off UC Davis campus
- Organize recommendations and syntheses of readings and other materials (trainings) suggested by working groups
- Key DEI training resources compiled: https://deiplantsciences.ucdavis.edu/resources
Priority B: Annual newsletter.
- Synthesize working group and website updates
- Advertise DEI events related to sciences thru UCD and beyond: speakers, discussion groups, training sessions, workshops to practice skills, upcoming conferences
Priority C: Provide more frequent updates on events and training opportunities.
- Encourage people to reach out to help advertise events and training opportunities on a more regular basis, allowing for those interested to opt-in to receive notices on events and opportunities as they arise (e.g., a weekly summary of up-coming events that may not have been scheduled in time for the quarterly newsletter).
Priority D: Advocating for and displaying DEI values (in collaboration with ‘building community’ working group).
- Ally sticker badge developed by PS Department for faculty/TAs/staff etc. who complete specified DEI trainings offered (for free) through UC Davis
- Encourage PIs to write a diversity statement and post on their lab website
When we meet:
- as needed throughout quarter, contact if you'd like to join
- Troy Magney, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Cadenasso, email@example.com